Gallery

Friday, June 22, 2012

Just Add Ink #123

We have a great Sketch challenge for you this week over at "Just Add Ink" provided by Mae.


Surprise, surprise l have used Apothecary Art & my Framelits again.........I kept my card fairly simple in keeping with the sketch layout, l wanted to add some background detail without adding an obvious pattern, Stampin-Up's Simply scored board was perfect for this and fun to play with.


I liked the idea of adding a pocket with this sketch and the journal stamp was the perfect size for a hidden message.


I coloured the image using Watercolour Wonder Crayons and a blender pen, l love the soft effect that these create for colouring and it seems to be my medium of choice lately.

The Just Add Ink girls have some lovely inspiration for you, so pop over to the Challenge blog and check them out.
"As always, l appreciate you stopping by & l hope your day is wonderful"
All Supplies are Stampin Up.

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Nikki! I love the scoring and the way you sponged behind the flowers. They really stand out more with the sponging. Must remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki such soft and sweet colour choice!! I'm amazed at your colouring - it looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking. Nikki this is just divine. I absolutely love the way you've used this set - the little message part is adorable. Love the texture you've created too. I think I might love to CASE this one *smile*.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so lovely, it is hard to know where to start! I love the colouring, so subtle, the cute little tag tucked behind (such a sweet surprise)and the scoring. I can't believe how fantastic the scoring makes cards look - and I thought I'd not bother getting Simply Scored!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Rachel, I love everything about this card, Nikki - such sweet details. The soft colours are gorgeous, the scored background is very cool, and I adore the tag tucked behind the sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great background Nikki - so striking and I love your little hidden extra foldout message card. I'm not sure I've ever tried the crayons with the blender pen - but I will now!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Nikki, the scoring is excellent, and I love the colouring on the main image, the little hidden card is super cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunning creation Nikki, so many fabulous details, as everyone has already mentioned, plus I love the layered sentiment over the stamped banner - very sweet! Wonderful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! The hidden card is a fantastic idea and I just love your scoring - I haven't even opened my simply scored yet - oops!

    ReplyDelete